Participants: primary school students aged 6-12
Category: primary school English
Outline: there are 6 levels from level 1 to level, and each level is divided into 9 units
Version: British / American
Our Discovery Island是一个六级的美国英语初级系列，旨在让孩子们参与21世纪的学习，激发每一位学生学习英语！主题岛屿上的在线冒险活动可以培养整个学习者的认知，情感和社交技能。通过跨课程的联系和真实的文本链接到日常生活，使学生沉浸在英语中。
Our discovery island is a CET-6 American English elementary series, which aims to enable children to participate in the learning of the 21st century and inspire every student to learn English! Online adventure activities on the theme island can cultivate the cognitive, emotional and social skills of the whole learner. Through cross course links and real text links to daily life, students are immersed in English.
1. Each level of content revolves around a different theme island! With the exclusive development of digital classroom teaching resources, it enhances the interest of the classroom and makes learning English more interesting.
2. Except for welcome unit, each unit consists of five parts: word, sentence pattern, values education, interdisciplinary education and natural spelling. And there will be a review after every two units. The spiral learning mode of learning while reviewing makes students learn more solidly.
3. The starting page introduces the learning topic and presents the vocabulary and grammar in a vivid and interesting form. The quest section helps students consolidate what they have learned in the form of completing game tasks.
4. The repetition of key words helps students to remember and use them; Songs and rhymes help students strengthen their vocabulary learning.
5. The unit story integrates key words and grammar; Value education helps students establish a sense of social responsibility from an early age; The home school contact section encourages students to share what they have learned in class at home.
6. The interdisciplinary curriculum section integrates other subjects into English learning; The sounds fun section helps students improve their pronunciation and spelling skills.
7. The game links integrate the knowledge points in the whole unit. Teachers can test students’ learning effect by playing games; The progress check section allows students to evaluate their learning progress and effect; The I can section allows students to evaluate their self-learning progress to gain a sense of achievement.
About Pearson English
We are Pearson English, part of the world’s learning company, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services powered by technology.
With 30,000 employees in more than 70 countries, our products and services are used by millions of teachers and learners around the world every day.
Whether you’re a learner seeking swift progress towards new horizons, a teacher who’s inspiring achievement in the classroom or an institution looking for measurable improvement, the world of language learning is evolving.
Our mission is to help people make progress in their lives through learning – because we believe that learning opens up opportunities, creating fulfilling careers and better lives.